Friday, December 8, 2006

In your bed.

The bed is too warm. I can’t leave. Not now.

Feet touch your legs. Too warm, I know.

Little yawns like purrs

From your meadow mouth, make me smile.

Sometimes I smell your hair.

Dewey tropical fruits or whichever flavour you buy.

Or is it just your smell anyway?

The end of this dreamless night is here, and I want to make it all start again.

Not a single beat of my heart, because I’m so scared you’ll wake up

To call me a cab and send me away.

Eloise, if I may…your name is pretty, even if whispered

Very slowly. I touch your lips with mine, and back on my pillow

Embrace that taste.

Randomly counting the cobwebs in the corners, hoping you fell in love

As many times as I did last night. Maybe if I just do

Nothing forever, we can stay here, and sleep, and wake up, and then

Do the same again.

Coffee? For me? I would really rather have tea. Okay, I’ll stay in bed.

Orange juice is fine, do you know the number for a cab?

Remember what I said last night? I can’t hear you

From the kitchen. You want what?

Me to stay? I giggle to myself and then hum, pretending I’m nonchalant.

I sink down into the bed, nod my head, in love, in here, I want to sing.

I dream instead.

No comments: